Dekton Slim: A New Revolutionary Format
Kuala Lumpur, 12 September 2019 – Cosentino Group, a global, Spanish family-owned multinational company and worldwide leader in the production and distribution of high-value innovative surfaces for both architecture and design has released an innovative take on the Dekton ultra-compact workshop with a new thickness of just 4 millimeters (mm).
Cosentino Group currently distributes its products and brands to more than 80 countries, controlling from its headquarters in Spain. It has more than 3.800 employees around the world from 32 different countries.
DEKTON IS AN ULTRACOMPACT SURFACE THAT CONSISTS OF A SOPHISTICATED BLEND OF THE RAW MATERIALS USED TO PRODUCE THE VERY LATEST IN GLASS AND PORCELAIN AS WELL AS THE HIGHEST QUALITY QUARTZ WORK SURFACES
With its reduced thickness and weight, Dekton Slim is the ideal choice for projects that require high performance and lightweight materials such as cladding for furniture, doors, or large panels, and much more. The Dekton worktop is also highly resistant to scratch marks, stains, thermal shock, and ultraviolet rays. In addition to that, Dekton has very low water absorption and looks fantastic with its impeccable level of quality.
Chocolate Workshop on Dekton Surface
- High UV Resistance – Dekton is highly resistant to ultraviolet (UV) light and will not fade or degrade over time making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor applications such as facades, paving, cladding, worktops, sinks, etc.
- Manufactured in five different thickness: 0.4cm, 0.8cm, 1.2cm, 2cm, and 3cm.
- Nanocoating Process – The latest technological innovation provides spectacular maintenance with a surface that is resistant to fingerprints and stains.
- Resistant to stains – While other surfaces are stain-resistant, Dekton is completely Stain Proof. Even the most stubborn stains like wine, coffee, markers, and rust can easily be removed from the surface.
- High Resistance to fire and heat – Dekton withstands high temperatures without burning, scorching or cracking
- Resistant to abrasion – Dekton is even more resistant to abrasion than granite making it the ideal surface for commercial applications and high traffic areas such as flooring.
- Resistant to ice & thawing – Dekton’s low coefficient of thermal expansion makes it Thermal Shock proof from both extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Waterproof – Dekton is highly water-resistant
- Easy to clean – Dekton is non-porous and never needs to be sealed. It prevents liquids and gasses from penetrating the surface, making it a low maintenance surface that is easier to clean. This level of compaction contributes significantly to the material’s low porosity, making it a low-maintenance, long-life product.
As part of the commitment to sustainability and a circular economic model, Dekton colors are made with waste materials from the manufacturing process. They re-used materials, giving them a second life. Cosentino has also received the Environmental Product Declaration for Dekton in 2016.
Ideal for worktops, floors, walls, and bathrooms.